Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Seminde



So who doesn't love something fried, and what better to fry then the best carb out there? I love fry bread and this Seminde version is my new favorite because it is SO good and incredibly easy. It is pretty much your regular Indian fry bread without the powdered milk and shortening. It is made up of 4 ingredients and is super easy.
2 cups Flour
3 tsp Baking Powder
1tsp Salt
1 cup Milk

Mix dry ingredients together then add milk slowly. Dough will be EXTREMELY sticky, you can add a little more flour to the mixture our do as I did, just flour your counter and the top of your dough as you flatten it with your hands, I guess you could use a rolling pin, but why...just one more thing to clean. Try to shake off as much flour as possible before frying it, it will cut down on the debris in your oil. Fry on both sides till brown.

For dinner we topped ours with beans, ground beef and other condiments...just like you would a Navajo Taco, then for dessert we topped it with Pure Agave Syrup and powdered sugar.
Ooh, so good.

Enjoy!

Love, Keara

3 comments:

  1. Wow cookin' mama! I can't wait to keep checking this blog! I always LOVE what you cook!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum yummy! I love Fry Bread. I was saying like a week ago that fry bread sounded really good. I am totally going to make it! Thanks Diggs!

    ReplyDelete